Sunday 8 December 2013

Just be.....without question xx

I often find myself being in an amazingly and giggly happy state, but then thinking too much about it to the point where I question why I am actually really happy. What is the thing that I thought I was happy about is not really there? Or maybe it is? Am I really happy with what I am doing and will this feeling last?

It's funny how we find it so difficult to 'just be'. I - like many of you I'm sure are a serial 'over-thinker'. I am fine if I am busy, but as soon as I start to reflect or look at what I am doing or the situation around me...my energetic and somewhat un-tamed mind starts to wander and imagine things that could potentially arise out of a great moment (good or bad).

However, I do give myself a pat on the back to say that this year in particular has been an amazing learning curve, where I can sit back and just take whatever is being thrown at me, and the feelings that pair it.

I have definitely learnt that life is full of ups and downs. Every year, every month and even every day you will find yourselves in moments of absolute elation; feeling as if you have just climbed mount Everest or have made one of the biggest achievement of your life. other times you will feel so flat that you find it hard to just get out of bed or jump in the shower.

Girls - this is life. Those moments of elation wouldn't be so intense if we didn't have those down moments to match it. Life is a rollercoaster, and one which we are constantly learning, growing and exploring every inch of life itself.

So next time you start to panic as you're mind decides there needs to be a reason for it to keep remaining happy, just accept the emotion. If you're feeling happy - be so bright and bubbly that people bounce and smile in your presence. If you're feeling sad or nostalgic, be sad and nostalgic. It isn't always a bad thing. If you're freaking out with anxiety and anticipation over that job interview - take it and use it to keep you 'on the ball', ready to respond with passion, emotion and enthusiasm. That first kiss with a new partner - just enjoy it without thought of whether things will work out in the future, whether you are completely compatible or not, or whether you are making the right decision; those butterflies make us feel alive!
If the feeling doesn't last, who cares. You know that - they make life interesting!

Even if you have a bad few days - remember that awesome, happy moment you had a few weeks ago? One of those is right around the corner.

Short and sweet, but my challenge for you is just to feel every inch of life. Enjoy it while it's awesome and learn from it when it's not so great. Be glad to be alive.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment