Thursday 10 October 2013

Learning to grow and jump out of the dark :-)

It's funny how many people still keep in their emotions, thoughts, feelings under the thought process that showing signs of being worried, anxious, down, or tired is a sign of weakness, or an admission to defeat in life.

The fact is, that we need to all recognise that we are human. As a human you have been given the ability to feel hundreds of emotions; happy, sad, confused, humorous, curious...., we have been born with and grow up to have millions of thoughts and reactions to the things we partake in each day. Without these, we would simply be robots with no feelings, or the character of Tinman without a heart from The Wizard of Oz.
Imagine not being able to feel love, have a great big belly laugh with friends, cry at happy or sad moments, respond to situations with heightened excitement and anticipation?! Life would be very boring and monotonous.
It's easy to forget also, that from the moment we are born, humans learn from their mistakes and actions. Imagine if we were all born perfect! Everything would be done perfect, we would know as much as we would ever learn from the minute we were born! I guess the Child and Teenage years wouldn't really exist apart from a change in physical stature!

Sharing your thoughts, feelings, emotions or worries is part of learning how to deal with experiences and negative thoughts in a positive way.
It isn't easy, particularly for people who are quite introverted and reserved, to share their thoughts with others, particularly if they are not questioned about them in the first place. And unfortunately many of the pressures we face in our busy day to day lives mean that it is made harder to share any negative thoughts, in the fear that we lose our social status, our high profile, our 'role model' and leader type persona that we have worked so hard to create.

Thankfully, society is starting to become more aware of the importance of using each other and learning how to change our thought processes to work through negative or 'low times' in a more positive and productive way.
If we were all able to deal with everything life throws at us in an instant; the world would be full of Superhero's!!

As tough as they are, I am quite content with going through the tough times. I know that when each of these occur (and believe me, I have been through some very low times in my life!), and I get through the, that I become so much more confident, I know what I want in life, I know more about where I want to head and how to get there.
For years, I was the person who would not share my negative feelings with anyone. I was the one who hid from my friends, disassociated myself from anything social and dived into running myself into the ground trying to over-achieve in every aspect of life. I crashed. I crashed in a very big way and was millimetres from spending months in hospital.

I feel that those times have made me a much stronger person. I know that if I go through times that don't make me feel great, that there is always tomorrow and things will get better. I know that people are more than happy to listen to my thoughts or worries and are able to make those thoughts seem not as significant as they are played out in my own rambling brain.

Again, it is normal to feel emotions, to have times in your life when you feel lost. Share it. Embrace it. For these are the times where you grow and learn more about the person you are, what you want to do with life and will find more clarity in being you.
There is only one you, and you are here to live the best life imaginable; Your life!

Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment