Tuesday 22 March 2016

Ocean Soul Retreats - Our interview; what makes them DEVINE!!

For anyone who has ever been on a beautiful health and fitness retreat or has stared dreamingly out of their office window with the thought that ‘one day I’d love to break out of my career and into a beautiful and magical Balinese beach retreat – this girl has done it!!
For those who haven’t heard, Georgie from Ocean Soul Retreat is the very talented, inspiring and proud founder of this boutique and very popular health & fitness retreat.

She is FULL of energy, but holds a warm and calm vibe about her, despite her very busy work schedule – so listen in ladies, and meet our gorgeous Georgie.
Prepare to be inspired by her thoughts on health, wellness and how to live your BEST life!!
                                               


   Tell us a little bit about what your business is about.

Ocean Soul Retreat is a wellness experience that helps women get back to themselves.  We facilitate a program that combines elements to connect the mind, body and soul.  We do this through nutrition, holistic therapies, fitness activities - surfing, yoga, massage and a series of informative talks.


    How did you get to where you are right now?

 It was a series of events that pushed me into where I am now.  Firstly, It took for me getting sick to really understand the connection between health and wellbeing and the correlation of food being the best medicine.  Secondly, I found myself at a point in my life where I was not clear in my direction and exactly where I wanted to be.  I was in the process of exploring and looking for change.  Through this time, I found myself in Bali and ended up working at a retreat, which combined most of the elements I love.  After that experience, I then tried to pursue work back in a 9-5 scenario and my heart wasn’t in it.  I sat down and mapped out all the elements that I found to be helpful in getting my mind clear and then started putting the business plan together.

    How would you define ‘good health’? 
Good health to me is defined by balance. Balance with food, exercise, family time, friends and work.

   What comes to mind when you think about ‘living with PASSION and PURPOSE’? And how do you do this in your days?
To follow your heart and pursue your dreams! For me, that is what I am doing – it’s pursuing my own business, creating experiences to assist people to reconnect to their true essence.



    What does a day in the life of you look like?
Ha!  Well I start my morning with a hot lemon water and a gentle stretch followed by  my first round of social media!  My days revolve around my laptop and my phone, which leaves me to be location independent – which is great!  Depending on where I am at the time, I usually head to a yoga class and if I am near the water, I go for a surf or beach walk or if I am at the farm, I love to go for a horse ride.
                                               
    What is most important and valuable to you?
My health, friends and family!

    What is your biggest obstacle/hurdle/challenge that you have been through and how did you over-come this?
The biggest hurdle has been having the confidence to back myself 100%.  It is a constant process of learning to trust yourself and to give it everything you have.

    What’s next on the cards for you (and your business)?
Next, is just really focusing on refining our service and really tuning into the retreat experience – I’m really looking forward to the retreat season in 2016!

    What has been your biggest achievement so far?
Starting this business!

  What is the best advice you could give to women wanting to live their BEST life?
Go ahead and do it, start, everything that you have wanted to do – write it down and put a plan into action to make it happen!
                                             


Email Ocean Soul directly for a gift voucher to be redeemed on a retreat in 2016! – info@oceansoulretreat.com

It’s definitely worth checking out their web page and social media for more information on upcoming retreats and health, wellbeing & fitness related resources -
www.oceansoulretreat.com - Check out their weekly blog!
Facebook – Ocean Soul Retreat
@oceansoulretreat.com
Pinterest - @Ocean_Souls
Twitter - @Ocean_Souls



THANK YOU so very much – keep doing the amazing work that you are, you are definitely inspiring and 'a saviour' for a lot of people out there!!

Ash Chatfield (The Well Life Project).


No comments:

Post a Comment