Monday 15 July 2013

Isn't it funny how women are, by nature, nurturing and loving creatures....yet we are always trying to compete against each other!

After going through short periods of a serious lack of motivation to push myself in training, or even just get out of bed earlier to train..I have found that the one thing that seems to get me past my comfort (and somewhat lazy!) zone, is seeing another 'Gorgeous Girl' out for a run, working hard in the pool, out riding her bike or just looking amazingly fit and strong.
I found myself falling into the lazy habit of waking up on the weekend, planning a longer run or ride....but then (as I'm sure you have all experienced yourselves!), getting side-tracked by other things to do around the house or the little voice inside my head telling me how hard its going to be!
So...as I drove out to the local shopping centre, I spotted a girl (who funnily enough looked extremely similar to myself!), running her heart out from the park that I planned to do my run in.

Right. That was it. I'm not going to miss out. She's enjoying herself in the fresh air, getting fitter and faster, clearing her head and going to start her weekend with an energetic 'bang'. Meanwhile, I'm feeling guilty, sluggish, un-accomplished and 'foggy headed' for not running and spending my day indoors. As soon as I got home, I put my running clothes on (as bright colours as I could find to give me an extra 'buzz'), laced up my runners, turned up my I-pod and hit the pavement.
An hour and a half later; I'd pushed myself a little further than normal, ran through the weaving and mind escaping twists of the park trails and felt full of energy!!

So - my challenge to you. Find a friend (or perhaps someone you envy!!), and use them as a 'competitive support sister'! It's a much more productive and healthy way to use that competitive streak within you for 'the greater good'!!
Go on - you are a "Beautiful, strong and happy woman" who is going to 'beat that other girl', and feel amazing at the same time!

Go girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment